Our outdoor area is very important to us. We do a lot of things outside. in fact everything that our child can learn inside they can also learn outside. We play outside everyday and in all weathers. Outdoor wet weather gear is available so that children can explore and learn in all weathers.
The outdoor environment has a number of areas which include:
- Natural materials – sand & soil
- Minibeast area
- Wheeled toys
- Role play house and café
- Climbing equipment
- Covered pond
- Exploration of the natural environment
- Space for running and physical activities
- Small equipment – balls, rings & beanbags and small world toys
- Quiet area for reading, drawing, large & small construction
Fresh Air Days
We regularly plan days when all our Nursery activities are outside. Being outdoors has a positive impact on children’s sense of well-being and helps all aspects of their development. It gives children first-hand contact with weather, seasons and the natural world, offers them freedom to explore, use their senses, and be physically active and exuberant.